Prepare for a job in Industrial Maintenance Technology. Carrington College’s Industrial Maintenance Technology (IMT) program is designed to provide fundamental, hands-on training on industrial systems and equipment.
Students in our Industrial Maintenance Technology program learn to:
- Apply basic concepts of electrical theory related to motor control
- Operate and maintain machinery and machinery components such as industrial bearings, gear systems and shaft joining and coupling devices
- Perform advanced hydraulic testing procedures, maintenance and hydraulic systems operation
- Program, install and perform diagnostic functions on programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Use a computer and associated hardware and software to generate documents, prepare electronic spreadsheets, manage databases, conduct internet research and communicate via electronic mail
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and professionalism